Become a mentor
Are you an early childhood teacher (ECT) looking for an opportunity to grow your leadership skills and share your knowledge and experience?
Become a mentor with the Upskill Program and work with emerging ECTs to shape the future of early childhood education.
We will connect you with a group of educators studying towards their Bachelor of Early Childhood Education. Mentoring allows you to support these students as they navigate the university experience, by:
- sharing your knowledge to enhance the student experience
- nurturing students as they apply theory in practice
- encouraging reflection and thoughtful discussion
- fostering the development of students’ teaching identity.
As a mentor, you will:
- work with the same group of students for their full study journey (approximately 2.5 years of study).
- facilitate two formal group mentoring sessions per year
- have access to Future Tracks training, resources, support (including session planning ideas) and personal development opportunities
- be reimbursed for your participation.
In addition, we will provide you with ongoing mentoring support for throughout the mentoring journey.
Being a mentor with Upskill, you will also have the benefit of engaging with a network of like-minded ECT mentors and an opportunity to make connections across the sector.
Want to know more? Contact us at email@example.com
‘I see my role as a mentor as really being there for students during the tough times but also learning from their fresh ideas as we explore the three-way mentoring process. Mentees help me to see things from different perspectives and enable me to challenge myself to be more innovative.’
– Early childhood mentor